Friday, June 7, 2013

Flying Books

Dear Readers:  

     To be sure that your day, and weekend, begins with goodwill towards paper, the printed word, and bindings that we writers treasure so much, I have attached a wonderful 2011American short animated film as a stand-in for my written Post.

     I ask that you remove all that is not life threatening for the next fifteen minutes, and breathe in the beauty of this film––  The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore––that won over a dozen film festivals, and was awarded the Best Animated Short Film at the 84th Academy Awards.  Visit Wikipedia to read on the film/story plot and inspiration.
     An official iPad app (Apple App Store) based on the film is available. A book adaptation is also available.
     Those of you with children, please gather them around, for an indoctrination of the highest order.
     Enjoy!

P. S. The little girl sitting on the stoop at the end––well, that is me. Smile.

Did you enjoy this delightful reprieve at the end of your work week? 

4 comments:

  1. Loved it. I think I resemble the older lady walking away with the book.jp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. So much love for books poured into making that short film, don't you agree? And I know you're a book lover. Thanks for you thumbs up.

      Delete
  2. I also enjoyed it. It is very encouraging that the large group of artists and financial backers who made the film chose books and the imagination they release as their theme. They are obviously plenty clever to have produced a more lucractive commercial product. They have my admiration.

    RB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The creators, as you pointed out, chose a book over another topic, which might've been trendier.
      Another point––as an amateur movie techie, I appreciated the use of black/gray/white coupled with color as a telling device. Convincing. Further, I could find one loose end to this film about the powers of a story.
      Thanks for checking it out, and for your feedback.

      Delete